Friday, January 11, 2013

Overwhelmed

 I've always connected to music, and sometimes you can relate to a song more than another human being, it just speaks to your soul.

Last night, a close friend of mine, who actually introduced D and I, sent me a song that he wanted to 'dedicate' to us!  Charlie has always been such a romantic type so I knew this had to be good! I thought it was sweet right away without even listening beforehand, and then I actually HEARD the words to this song....brought tears to my eyes!! (I'm such a sap..) It is Overwhelmed by Tim McMorris, and the lyrics truly are beautiful. So I suggest if you go listen, definitely go to YouTube and use a lyric video for it. 

It was like a message straight to my heart, made me smile. This song made me remember how lucky I was to ever even meet my future husband, much less realize how I'll be HIS wife one day. I never believe that I take things for granted but the lyrics made me say, "I want to be more grateful for what I have."

 Sometimes we can get so caught up in our daily lives that all we can focus on is what's going wrong, who is stressing us out, where do we have to go next, etc. Just stop and think for a second, what are you thankful for? And especially for my fellow sisters, my MilSos, your man is worth every day of waiting. I know I'm in the early stages of my first deployment, but love never fails. Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment